Online Account Safety
Our Online Banking, Business Online Banking, Trust, and Secure Email Center sites – areas that require you to enter credentials – should all have extended validation certificates. In your browser, these take the form of either a green address bar or a green padlock before or after the site address that indicates that the site is secure.
Online Banking Safety Tips
- When possible, use your own computer or device to log in to Online Banking.
- Check your last login date & time every time you log in.
- Review your balances and transactions regularly, if not daily.
- Whenever possible, use Bill Pay instead of checks to limit sharing your account number to others and improve your electronic recordkeeping.
- Set up balance alerts to get notified when your accounts go above or below a certain value.
- Do not use account numbers, your social security number, or other account or personal information when creating account nicknames or account titles.
- Be sure to log out after completing your banking tasks. Never leave a computer unattended while logged in to Online Banking.