Mobile Safety Tips
- Set up a passcode or screen lock on your mobile device.
- If available, use biometric authentication (fingerprint or facial recognition) to further protect your mobile device.
- Consider downloading an antivirus or anti-malware app for your mobile device.
- Regularly install OS and firmware updates when made available.
- Only download apps from reputable sources. Our apps can only be found on official app stores (the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store – links available here).
- Understand the consequences of jailbreaking iOS or rooting Android and the risks it may pose to your financial security.
- Be aware of the dangers of using unsecured public wireless networks (Wi-Fi). Consider turning off any automatic file sharing or network discovery settings on your phone. Avoid making any financial transactions, entering card information, or entering login credentials while using public Wi-Fi.
We take the security of our Online and Mobile Banking platforms very seriously. To learn more about the multifactor authentication procedures that keep your account information safe in Online and Mobile Banking, check out our multifactor authentication videos in our Online Education Center.