How does sending money work?
From Online Banking
- Log in to Online Banking and click on the Bill Pay tab. Once in Bill Pay, click on Popmoney.
- Insert the recipient’s email address, phone number, or bank account number, choose an amount, and set when the payment should be sent.
From Mobile Banking
- Log in to Mobile Banking and click on the Payments tab. Click on Pay My Contacts. You can either send payment to an existing contact, or check your device’s contacts and send money to them.
- If applicable, select whether to send notification to the person’s email address or phone number. Then select which account you are paying from, the amount, and a message.
How does receiving money work?
- The recipient receives an email or text (however it was sent) with instructions on how to direct the payment into their bank account, or – if bank account information was provided in the first place – the money will be automatically deposited into the recipient’s bank account.
- The sender will be notified when the transaction has been accepted and completed, which the recipient can either do within Online Banking, or at popmoney.com.
When are funds made available?
Funds may be available in the recipient’s checking or savings account as early as one business day from the date the payment is accepted.
Do payments expire?
Yes. The recipient has ten days from the date of payment notification to provide checking or savings account information. After ten days, the payment expires and the funds are returned to the sender.
How do I get started with Popmoney?
Simply enroll in Online Banking, click on the Bill Pay tab, go to Popmoney, and start sending payments right away!
Standard Popmoney Limits
Minimum Send Money Amount: $5.00
Minimum Request Money Amount: $10.00
Maximum Daily Transaction Count: 15
Maximum Monthly Transaction Count: 30
|Standard Limits by Delivery Speed:||Instant Service||Next Day Service||Standard (3-Day) Service|
|Maximum Daily Amount:||$500.00||$250.00||$5,000.00|
|Maximum Rolling 3-Day Amount:||N/A||$500.00||$5,000.00|
|Maximum Rolling 30-Day Amount:||$1,000.00||$2,000.00||$20,000.00|
Note: limits may be lower than standard amounts on a case-by-case basis.