Here are some frequently asked questions about the Catalyst Grant and application process:
Q: When is the deadline to apply?
A: Applications will be accepted through our online portal beginning in June 2020. Precise dates will be announced in the coming months.
2020 Grant Application Process
- Beginning of June: Applications accepted
- End of August: Applications close
- September: Applications reviewed
- October: Grants Awarded
Q: Can I mail you my application?
A: Applications are to be submitted through our new online portal, which is an easy process to begin. Also, you may save your application in the case you are unable to finish it allowing you to pick up where you left off at a later time.
Q: If I win, will I get $30,000 all at once?
A: The grant recipient will receive up to $30,000 in total. The first year $15,000 is awarded, and then the second $10,000 and third year $5,000.
Q: Is the grant only available for non-profit organizations?
A: Applicants must be an eligible 501(c)(3) organization. Employees, officers, and directors of Kennebec Savings Bank and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion or advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family are not eligible to participate.
Q: What are the criteria?
A: In order for a grant to be awarded, a few criteria must be met:
- Project must benefit Kennebec Savings Bank's service area.
- Applicant must demonstrate a connection to the service area.
- Applicant must demonstrate organizational support for the project, such as a letter of support from Executive Director and Board leadership.
- Applicant may cover use of funds for (but is not limited to):
- minor construction;
- the purchase of supplies or capacity building equipment; and
- purchase of a specific service that supports the goal
Q: How will I be notified when grant decisions are made?
A: A Kennebec Savings Bank representative will contact all applications.
Q: Who decides the winners?
A: A Catalyst Grant Committee comprised of 10 Bank employees will consider all initial applicants. Grants will be awarded one time each year. Using Catalyst Grant criteria as its framework, this ad hoc group will decide which two applicants will receive funds. Likewise, the group will also review previous year award recipients for evidence that progress is being made toward goals. Decisions made by the group will be considered final, including a decision that there may not be two competitive applications in any given year to be able to award.
For additional information on this grant, please contact Amanda Cooley, Corporate Giving and Community Relations Coordinator via email or 207-622-5801.