Here are some frequently asked questions about the Catalyst Grant and application process:
Q: When is the deadline to apply?
A: Applications are typically due August 31 of each year. The 2023 deadline has passed.
Q: What is the grant application timeline?
A: Here is the typical grant timeline. However, it is subject to change each year.
June 1: Application Opens
August 31: Application Deadline
October: Winners Announced
Q: Can I mail you my application?
A: Applications are to be submitted through our new online portal, which is an easy process to begin. Also, you may save your application in the case you are unable to finish it allowing you to pick up where you left off at a later time.
Q: If I win, will I get $30,000 all at once?
A: No. The grant will be awarded over a three-year period in the following schedule:
- Year 1: $15,000
- Year 2: $10,000
- Year 3: $5,000
Q: Is the grant only available for non-profit organizations?
A: Applicants must be an eligible 501(c)(3) organization. Employees, officers, and directors of Kennebec Savings Bank and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion or advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family are not eligible to participate.
Q: What are the criteria?
A: In order for a grant to be awarded, a few criteria must be met:
- Project must benefit Kennebec Savings Bank's service area;
- Application must demonstrate organizational support for the project, such as a letter of support from the executive director and board leadership;
- Application may cover use of funds for (but is not limited to):
- minor construction,
- the purchase of supplies or capacity building equipment,
- purchase of a specific service that supports the goal.
Applications will not be considered for the following:
- support of special events, fundraisers, annual or capital campaigns
- non-profit board training, consulting or fundraising
- funds to retire debt
- funds to hire permanent staff
Q: How will I be notified when grant decisions are made?
A: A Kennebec Savings Bank representative will contact all applicants.
Q: Who makes the funding decision?
A: A Catalyst Grant Committee comprised of nine Bank employees will consider all applicants. Using Catalyst Grant criteria as its framework, this ad hoc group will decide which two applicants will receive funds. Decisions made by the group will be considered final.
For additional information on this grant, please contact Amanda Cooley, Vice President & Marketing and Communications Officer, via email or 207-622-5801.